Translate: English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
Your Ad Here
Desktop Laptop Notebook
3G Smartphone
Compact Cameras Interchangeable Lens DSLR
Your Ad Here
Your Ad Here

Netbook Review: Samsung N210


The Samsung N210 is a light and stable companion for those everyday surfing needs.
HAVING reviewed a few netbooks prior to this one, I had my reservations with the Samsung N210. However, all that was thrown out the window when I powered up the N210 and I have not looked back since.
Firstly, a netbook is really meant for simple, everyday tasks. This includes web surfing, watching videos online and offline, and maybe some light work.
At the end of the day, one gets a netbook for convenience, usability and portability. The N210 flawlessly excelled in everything even with multiple tabs open in my Internet browser. I have grown to love the machine. A lot.
The thing is, the N210 could be used as a workstation but the strain on the processor may mean a lag in performance and it’s difficult to work on a small LCD screen without crying out for more space.
Features
I think what made the N210 stand out from the rest of the netbooks and laptops I have tried before is the fact that it is running on Microsoft Windows 7 Starter edition.
This version of Windows 7 is optimised for netbooks, a stripped down version that will run smoothly on the Atom processor with minimum RAM.
In fact, the N210 only requires 1GB RAM and the experience is silky smooth without major glitches, hang-ups or hiccups.
The N210 has the same standard specifications one may find on other netbooks — Atom N450 processor, GMA3150 graphics chip, 250GB hard disk, WiFi, webcam and a 10.1in screen.
Mixed feelings
The 10.1in non-glossy LCD screen is actually very easy on the eyes and one does not feel the strain even when using the netbook for long periods of time.
It comes with three USB ports which is helpful and a VGA out.
The speakers are a bit of a disappointment as they sound tinny and airy but one cannot expect much bass from a netbook of this size.
Plugging in headphones or speakers would be a better bet if you want your music to sound better.

HANDY: The N210's touchpad is optimised for multi touch.
I could not find the power button when I first got the N210, probably because everything blended together so well on the white unit I got.
I had trouble locating the memory card reader as well.
The clean lines on the N210 prove that it is a winner in style, maximising space and creating a handsome netbook that you will be proud to tote around.
The good thing about the N210 is the touchpad, which is very well optimised for multitouch. It was easy to scroll up and down a webpage or enlarge photos.
The other thing that I liked about the N210 is that there was enough space to rest my wrists comfortably.
But the one thing I was most impressed with was the battery life. I managed to surf the Net for at least seven hours on the N210 which has to be a feat in itself.
None of the previous netbooks I tested before could beat this and that says something. Perhaps it is Windows 7 Starter edition or the bulky battery pack on the N210 but whatever it is, good job Samsung!
Conclusion
Overall, my experience with the Samsung N210 has been nothing short of fun, cool and easy.
Most importantly, I value the stability of the machine and the fact that it does not lag.
It beats my sluggish and slow AIO PC by miles. The Samsung N210 is definitely a winner in my book.
Pros: Stable; good looking; long battery life; ample palm rest.
Cons: Bulky battery pack; speakers too soft.
Netbook
Manufacturer: Samsung
PROCESSOR: Intel Atom N450 (1.66GHz, 667MHz, 512KB) processor
MEMORY: 1GB DDR2 RAM
GRAPHICS: Intel GMA3150
DISPLAY: 10.1in LCD with LED backlight (1,024 x 600-pixel resolution)
STORAGE: 250GB hard drive
CONNECTIVITY: WiFi, 10/100 LAN
I/O PORTS: Three USB 2.0 ports, card reader, VGA out, headphone and microphone jacks
OPERATING SYSTEM: Microsoft Windows 7 Starter edition
OTHER FEATURES: Webcam
DIMENSIONS (W x D x H): 265 x 29 x 189mm
WEIGHT: 1.33kg

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright tech corner 101 © 2010 - All right reserved - Using Blueceria Blogspot Theme
Best viewed with Mozilla, IE, Google Chrome and Opera.